Friday, January 1, 2010

A Blue Moon

Alba and I are off to North Dallas where Jessica resides, but I have to make a quick detour to swing by work for my cell charger, for I have a breakfast appointment and I don't want to jeopardize the plan with a communication breakdown. When we get to Jessica's we hail for a taxi and it takes about an hour and a half for it to arrive! At this point we are already saluting to a special blend military whiskey and discussing our New Year's Resolutions! God bless America!
The chill in the air and The American Airlines Center surounds us as we walk past. It feels like I'm a gladiator walking in the coliseum for the first time. Overwhelmed. At this moment I thought it would be appropriate to eat a piece of chocolate.
The cold starts to set in and we begin walking towards Luna de Noche. It's a modernly decorated restaurant turned bar/club at night, for a rendezvous with our friend Chris. The star ceiling and the glass waterfall are nice touches.
Despite my attempts at being charming the cute hostess rejects my request for an amazing kiss at midnight, but she did so quite gracefully. Five minutes to go and I am starting to feel like my reach for the stars will go unrequited. At the countdown I look towards my hostess from across the room and gesture my last request. At her smile I craft my way across the dance floor and I sweep in for the kiss at midnight. My moment of perfection.
The night culminates with laughter, joys, confessions, and fireworks. No matter how cold the night was, the friendship was warmer. The moon was a lovely bright and we all looked up to remember it. We owned that night and I wouldn't have spent it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment