Saturday, January 9, 2010

Strawberry Immortality

My breath crystalizes in front of me and salt lines the decks of the apartment complex's main area. I've been sneaking into Thomas's apartment's gym for years now. Pay for pain? I think not! I've been doing it so long I've seen a whole generation of staff change. More than once I have been the example on display when they are showing their potential renters and I'm happy to accept my membership in exchange for my showmanship.
Today I've come to the realization of singularity and the exponential growth of technology by listening to some Ray Kurzweil. My hope for mankind has been rekindled and the awakening of the universe just may cure the ultimate disease: death. The new movie "Transcendent Man" is soon opening and Chris, Alba, and I have come to the conclusion that we should petition to get it shown at the Angelika. Wonderful nano technology and the merging of man integrating himself into this will open a whole new category of science. Lets hope the prophetic Ray Kurzweil lives up to his credability.
Jessica now joins the group to make it four just as my Spurs lose to her team the Mavericks. Damn Dampier and his 3! Our topics of the night include Jim Jeffries, Kobe vs. Shaq, and strawberry pancakes at various diners. By the way Shaq does have more wins when they play each other 5-3 as our discussion led me to break out the stats on the internet. I win!
Jessica gets it in her head from discussing the various diners that compete with Whataburger's ideal hours that we must have pancakes tonight. We negotiate a deal that we should put the strawberry preserves from my kashi cereal in the pancake mix for a two lunch deal. I win again! Jessica and I worked side by side as Alba was couch bound to meditate, and Chris watched Shark Tank for the first time. When the cakes of pan were finished we enjoyed ourselves immensely, expressing our gratitude through mouthfuls of football shaped flapjacks. I had to force Alba to eat his as his intense meditation wouldn't allow earthly pleasures. When I did get him to eat he admitted that I was right.
When Jessica leaves and Alba decides to stay in the bedroom upstairs Chris and I have a heartfelt approach to the women's psyche. The implications of societies rule oppressing the relationships that could flourish. Tired of the game thats forced to be played and complained about later on, we decided that all we can do is to regrettably acknowledge it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're as passionate about the awakening of the universe as I am, Seeing transcendent man changed my life,as well as my expectations for mankind. Also glad to see you're holding up on your ressolution, I'm trying to write daily but havent held up yet!

    ReplyDelete