Sunday, January 10, 2010

Much Ado

I wake up to the familiar ceiling of my bedroom. Groggy from lack of sleep I reach over for my cell to call my hair stylist Janet. I haven't seen her since March. After my morning rituals I get to the bank to make my deposits, I turn in my blockbuster movies, and get to the mall. I wander around aimlessly forgetting how bad taste intertwines so well with the mundane. I must find a safe haven! Barnes and Nobles is my stop as I read some Frederick Neitzche's "Human, All to Human" as I wait for my appointment with my hairdresser to free up.
My Dad calls and we have a very intriguing conversation about religion and death. I forget how my Dad can make me feel not so alone in the world. We talk until my date with Janet's scissors beckons me. Four inches later I'm driving towards the new Hong Kong Market to buy some brown rice and korean food. I race home to eat some bulgolgi and pass out in ecstasy on my couch for an hour or two to regain my strength for the upcoming night.
I take my post haircut shower and await Alba for our expedition to Paul's house for the Cowboys vs the Eagles playoff game. We see the kick off at my abode and we proceed with his ritual of listening to the first part of the game on the radio in the car as we make a beer run. When we get to Paul's house with the champagne of beers we make our rounds and take our seats for the Cowboy's first victory in the playoffs in thirteen years. Its about damn time!
After the game we decide to go to Fat Daddy's in Mansfield. This will be my first time as is with most of us. Its a great place but the clientele seems to be out of place with our expectations. Most everybody is in their mid thirties to late forties. I see a couple of younger people but that just made me come to the conclusion that the prerequisite to enter the bar is that you have to have at least one kid. I lean to tell Paige and Matt that I guess we found where all the old people go to party! Keep this in mind that I'm jotting this down so I can come back when I am of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment