Monday, January 18, 2010

The Liason Cage

Its Saturday and I have taken it upon myself to get up at 11:00 a.m. I cook steak, eggs, bacon, fries, and buttered rolls because it was the only bribe I would take in return for unwrapping myself from my princely covers. I pour myself some soda in a tumbler and hot sauce on the eggs. I turn on the movie "Taking Chances" that I previously rented from Blockbuster and continued to devour my smorgasboard of goodies. The movie did not live up to the meal.
Tonight is Alex's Birthday. Upon readying myself, Alba and Minor come over to assemble the Three Amigos once again for a night out in funky town! We are a little late on our arrival and the line to the Library is insane! We decide to go into the bar where the line ends and wait for Alex and his crew to transition to City Streets. We will intercept them when they give us the text. In the meantime Cathy and I have a shootout on an arcade game in the back. I have killed the most wildebeasts, but she has won the bonus round!
Now I haven't been in the Cages room in City Streets since 2007. Its still the same. After a couple of Jager Bombs and some beers, the three Amigos decide to go to the 80's room(which is now the 90's room.) Being that we are the only single guys there, we must do our rounds. After, we stop at the halfway bar and down another shot of Jager to commence the "challenge" submitted by Alba to me. I now have to convince a lovely lady to make-out with me on camera by 1:45.... Challenge Accepted!
I have decided to go the "honest" route and let the women in on this endeavor. The two women I have gone up to though, have politely rejected my requests. Now usually in times like this you should switch up your gameplan, but my pride is persistent. I grab another shot of liquid bravery and press on, as Alba reminds me that the bet does not pertain to just this room.
Back to the cages I spot a familiar face. She also gracefully subdues my appeal due to romantic ties. I have accepted my defeat for now it is 1:44 and have settled on just a picture with the lovely lady. I call for Alba to take a picture of us and to my surprise she ambushes me with a kiss just as the flash of the camera captures our moment. Mission Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment